Our case results come from holding lawbreakers financially accountable for the harm they cause. But what happens to that money?
Lawyers have a reputation for being greedy. Sometimes the stereotype holds true. It’s disgusting to see, and it gives all of us a bad name. One of my firm’s core values is, “Restoring the good name of lawyers.” To that end, we try to celebrate our most charitable and courageous peers. We also attempt to give back to various causes not only when convenient, but as frequently and consistently as possible.
Every holiday season, I see the news about Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday, and all the other nicknamed days around Thanksgiving. This past year it dawned on me that my firm should start a campaign through which we gave every Tuesday, so beginning on January 7, 2020 and hopefully continuing for as long as the firm exists, we give a portion of the money we make from “case results” to worthwhile causes.
To date, we have contributed to:
- Camp Cole
- Trenholm Little League
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Forest Lake Elementary
- International Justice Mission
- Grand Strand Humane Society
- Brain Injury Association of South Carolina (BIASC)
- Leesfield Family Foundation
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- PRISMA Health Midlands Foundation
- The Cooperative Ministry
- Senior Resources
- One SC Fund
- Gift Card Giveaway to support local Columbia restaurants
- Selden K. Smith Foundation for Holocaust Education
- Richland County Sheriff's Foundation
- Keller Williams Harvest Hope Food Drive
If you know of a charity that needs our support and will put every penny to the best possible use, email us a link and we will add them to our queue. Likewise, if you’re interested in partnering up with us as part of Giving “Every” Tuesday, I know of a lot of great organizations that would love your support – especially right now.