While I grew up in Bronxville, New York, I have lived in Columbia, South Carolina since 2000 and now consider myself a true Southerner. I attended college at Tufts University and law school at the Northeastern University School of Law, both in Boston, Massachusetts.
After my graduation from law school, I moved to Washington, D.C. where I worked for two years doing benefit plan work on behalf of labor unions. In 2000, I moved to Columbia and worked as an attorney at an insurance defense firm representing insurance companies and their insureds in personal injury and product liability cases. At the firm, I also developed an employment law practice representing individuals in wrongful termination and discrimination cases. In 2007, I left the firm to teach Legal Writing at the University of South Carolina School of Law full-time. I taught law students how to analyze and write about legal issues for 13 years.
I decided to join the Law Office of Kenneth Berger representing injured individuals because I missed the practice of law and, like Kenny and the other members of the team, I had the desire to help people who are truly in need.
When I’m not working, I love spending time with my two, very active, teenage boys. I particularly enjoy watching them play basketball, baseball, and run cross country and track. When we are not at a sporting event or watching sports at home, I enjoy spending time with my amazing group of friends and traveling as much as possible.
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Tufts University, B.S., Psychology, 1992
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar (Inactive; admitted 1998)
- District of Columbia Bar (Inactive; admitted 1999)
- Active participant in and regular supporter of the Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (2016-present)
- Vice President Dreher High School Booster Club (2019 – present)
- Motion Practice and Brief Writing Seminar - National Advocacy Center, Columbia, SC
- Drinking from a Fire Hose (How to Teach a Three Credit Course in Three Weeks), co-presented with Ami Leventis - Legal Writing Institute Biennial Conference
- Legal Writing and Analysis for Paralegals Seminar - National Advocacy Center, Columbia, SC