Growing up in the small town of Boiling Springs, South Carolina, home of Gamecock greats Phil Petty and Dylan Thompson, I attended Winthrop University and then received my Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law. After graduation, I worked as a staff attorney at the South Carolina Supreme Court, while also moonlighting as a legal writing instructor at the law school.
After leaving the Supreme Court, I worked at an insurance defense firm representing insurance companies, individuals, and corporations in personal injury, bad faith, product liability, and commercial litigation, trying numerous cases to verdict. After thirteen years of representing defendants and insurance companies, I made the decision to join Kenny’s practice representing injured clients.
I met my wife Jenny in law school and together we have two children, Garner and Nate, who keep us very busy at the ball field when we’re not practicing law. In my rapidly shrinking spare time I could probably be found watching movies and sports or reading a good book.
- Winthrop University, B.A., Political Science, 1998
- USC School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2002
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- CALI Award, Torts II
- CALI Award, Antitrust
- CALI Award, Legal Accounting
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Association of Justice
- Torts and Insurance Practice Section (Past Chair)
- UIM Coverage and Trial Strategy
- Bad Faith – An Indelible Part of UM/UIM Practice