If you were hurt on the job in South Carolina, you should immediately notify your employer. You have only 90 days to put them on notice. The company is then supposed to contact its workers' compensation insurance carrier, which in turn will set up a claim. The insurance company should also file certain forms with the South Carolina Workers' Compensation Commission (WCC).

If Your Employer Won't File Your Workers' Comp Claim, You Have Options

Should your employer refuse to inform the insurance company of your injury, you have options. You may contact the WCC directly. The WCC will ask that you fill out and submit a form describing the nature of your on the job injury. 

Another option is to hire an injury attorney who can guide your through our state's workers' comp system. Unfortunately, the workers' compensation claims process can be difficult to understand. With that in mind, we recommend at least setting up a free consultation with an experienced workers' comp attorney so they can answer your questions and provide some guidance before you move forward with your claim. 

My firm represents injured workers on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our fee is contingent upon how much money we obtain for you at the end of your case. For answers to other questions you might have about filing a workers' comp claim, request a free copy of my books and contact me today at (803) 790-2800 or by using the live chat box below. 

Kenneth Berger
Connect with me
Columbia and Myrtle Beach car accident and personal injury lawyer dedicated to securing justice for clients.