Myrtle Beach is a popular vacation spot for residents of South Carolina and others throughout the country. It is a wonderful place to relax and spend time with loved ones. Unfortunately, a vacation can turn into a disaster if you are injured in an accident caused by an individual or business’ negligence. As a Myrtle Beach personal injury lawyer, I believe it’s my duty to ensure you are aware of your rights as a vacationer or resident, as well as the dangers that come with visiting or living in a tourist hot spot.
What Locations Pose the Greatest Risk of Injury in Myrtle Beach?
Tourists and residents alike are needlessly injured each day along South Carolina’s Grand Strand. Whether it is a brain or spine injury, fracture, or worse – far too many people are getting hurt in the Myrtle Beach area. High incident rate areas include:
- Hotels and resorts. If you are staying at a hotel or resort, you could sustain injury caused by wet flooring or any number of property defects. The swimming pool can also pose a drowning hazard if the filters or drains are not maintained properly. Bottom line: the owner of the property owes you the highest duty of care to eliminate unreasonable risks of harm, keep the property in a safe condition, and warn you of any dangers.
- Rental property. Many vacationers like to rent a beach house or condominium rather than stay at a hotel. While such a property can be ideal for larger families, there have been many instances of deck collapses, stairwell accidents, burns, and other injuries attributable to a lack of maintenance.
- Beaches. While the beach can be both beautiful and fun, it can also be dangerous due to riptides, unsafe recreational equipment, and broken boardwalks. Furthermore, the docks and piers of Myrtle Beach present a high risk of slip and fall injuries.
- Amusement parks. Defective rides can lead to serious, if not fatal accidents. Roller coasters and Ferris wheels are but two of the types of rides that have made national headlines because of the horrific consequences brought on by equipment malfunctions.
- Boat tours and recreational boating. While a boat tour off the coast of Myrtle Beach can serve as a fun family outing, it might also pose significant, hidden risks – especially if the operator proves reckless. Likewise, jet ski, kayak, and pontoon boats are often a great way to spend an afternoon, yet another person’s negligence could leave you vulnerable to a boating accident. Inexperience, inattention, and impaired operation are just a few factors that can create a dangerous boating environment.
- Roads. Myrtle Beach can be a very dangerous place to drive. The roads are often crowded with people who are unfamiliar with the area and the city’s dangerous intersections. Drinking and driving is also a constant issue that becomes even more prevalent during the summer vacation months. Myrtle Beach car crashes and DUI accidents often have consequences that stretch far beyond ruining a vacation. Whether you live in, or are just visiting the Grand Strand, please remain aware of your surroundings and watch out for negligent drivers.
Let a Myrtle Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Take the Burden Off Your Shoulders
Over the years, we have represented a number of Myrtle Beach residents and visitors. No matter where you live, when you are in South Carolina, our laws are meant to help keep you safe. If someone else – or a business – breaks the rules and causes you harm, hiring an experienced personal injury attorney can take the burden off your shoulders. Instead of dealing with insurance companies, chasing documents, responding to emails, or having to justify the value of your hardship, we want you to simply concentrate on getting well.
An accident attorney who understands South Carolina law, has experience negotiating with insurance companies, and appreciates the toll physical harm has upon a human being, can gather the facts and evidence needed to obtain full justice.
At the Law Office of Kenneth E. Berger, our personal injury legal team has helped clients from many parts of South Carolina and the rest of the country obtain a life-changing result after being involved in a life-changing accident. Start an online chat or call our office today at 843-800-0911 to learn how we can assist you.