Lexington is a beautiful and historic piece of the South Carolina landscape, and our law firm has always been proud to represent those from the Lexington area who have been hurt by accidents or injuries.
Nearly as old as the nation itself, Lexington has been hidden in plain sight for decades, and is now experiencing an explosion of growth. Lexington’s great location on Interstate I-20 to Columbia, as well the nearby I-26, U.S. Routes 1 and 278, S.C. Highway 6, and Lexington’s connection to Lake Murray make it an appealing destination.
As more and more people and businesses come to realize what a great place Lexington is to live, work, and play in, it has come to be the biggest town in Lexington County, and the second-largest in the entire Columbia metropolitan area.
Common Accidents in Lexington
All of this growth and attention that Lexington has been receiving over the past decade has come with a cost, however. With more visitors and residents to the area has come an increased risk of serious accidents and other injuries, and Lexington Medical Center is now the second-busiest emergency department in our state. Our law firm is here to help people in the Lexington area to recover financially from the responsible parties after being hurt. Some of the work we handle includes:
- Automobile Accidents – Dangerous intersections, busy highway junctions, unfamiliar county roads are all common causes of car crashes in the Lexington area.
- Bicycle Accidents – There are many beautiful bicycle trails in the area, including the Beech Creek Ride, Crooked Creek Park, and Seven Oaks Park, but preventable bicycle accidents can leave riders severely injured or worse.
- Boating Accidents – Lake Murray is a great boating destination, but every year, accidents and boating under the influence on the water lead to serious injuries and lost lives.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Left-turn accidents, sudden stops, and drunk drivers pose a severe risk to motorcyclists. A motorcycle crash can cause life-long injuries and permanent disability to riders and their passengers.
- Truck Accidents –Trucking accidents caused by driver error, fatigue, imbalanced cargo, or improper truck maintenance are a serious concern for drivers on the heavily-driven Interstates I-20, I-26, and other major roads and highways.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – A brain injury caused by an accident can completely reshape the lives of not only the victim, but his or her family, too, leading to years of rehabilitation and long-term care needs.
- Burn Injury – Severe burns can lead to permanent scarring, disfiguration, and loss of function.
- Daycare Injuries – Parents expect daycare providers to protect their children, but negligence, recklessness, and abuse can cause serious harm.
- School Injuries – Educators are entrusted to protect life and safety of their pupils, but must be held accountable when negligence or abuse cause harm.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect – When nursing facilities fail to uphold their duty to our cherished elders, they must be held accountable for the harm they have caused.
- Dangerous Toys – Toys and games should bring joy to children, not harm. Manufacturers need to be brought to task when a child’s product is dangerous, and pay for the injury that they have caused.
- Defective Products – If a product is defective by design and causes injury, the manufacturer must be held accountable.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical mistakes can cause serious injuries and even cost lives. If you have questions about something that happened to you or a loved one at Lexington Medical Center, the doctor’s office, or another hospital or care facility, you have the right to seek compensation.
- Workplace Accidents – As Lexington’s economy expands, workers who are hurt on the job increasingly need legal protection and help navigating the workers’ compensation claims system.
- Wrongful Death – Negligence, recklessness, and carelessness can lead to the tragic loss of a life. Our law firm can help you seek compensation when the death of a loved one could have been prevented.
Our law firm is dedicated to respecting the dignity of those who have been hurt and upholding the laws and values of our great state, so that victims can receive the compensation that they deserve after a tragedy has shaken their lives. We are proud to care for and protect the rights of the communities we serve, following a set of core values that motivate us in everything we do.
Please browse our website to get to know the work that we do to learn how we can help you and your family, and be sure to take advantage of our free book offer, Your Guide to South Carolina Personal Injury and Worker’s Compensation, to find the answers to your most pressing legal questions about personal injury law right now.
Helping Injured Families Recover
If you or someone you love has been injured due to negligence, carelessness, recklessness, or wrongdoing, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Law Office of Kenneth E. Berger. Our offices are conveniently located in nearby Columbia, and we can be reached by telephone, email, or via the live chat box on this page, where you can arrange a free consultation about your situation.